Just a quick tip!
- Go to Applications/
- Right Click on Xcode -> Show Package Contents
- Go to Contents -> Frameworks -> Resources (shortcut)
- Open the location in terminal
- chmod 777 the Resources folder and the file IDETextKeyBindingSet.plist during this process
- Open the file in Xcode, Something like this will show up:
- Click on root, add a new Row Customized of type Dictionary
- Under that add a new Row for your task with type String with value
selectLine:, copy:, moveToEndOfLine:, insertNewline:, paste:, deleteBackward:
- It should now look like this:
- Save the file, Close Xcode.
- Open Xcode, Go to Preferences > Key Bindings
- Scroll all the way down and you will find your new action! Add whatever key binding you like. In my case it was like this:
Notice how I had to change the existing Duplicate command (possibly for some use in Interface Builder)
- That’s it! You will have your new key key binding working.